IT Audit Manager
About the Role
The IT Audit Manager holds the responsibility of orchestrating and executing audits, encompassing operational, IT, compliance, and special projects. Their role involves ensuring that internal audit endeavors are thorough enough to adequately assess internal control systems and operating procedures, adhering to generally accepted auditing standards. Furthermore, the manager oversees and actively engages in continuous reviews of designated areas to assess operational efficiency, achievement of corporate objectives, and management effectiveness. They play a crucial role in making recommendations that impact cost reduction and contribute to earnings improvement.
- To execute audit tasks in accordance with accepted standards, plans, budgets, and specified timelines.
- Review and endorse the purpose, objective, scope, and audit approach of IT Audit projects.
- Assess and seek approval for revisions and additions to the audit program.
- Determine audit procedures, including statistical sampling and the use of computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs).
- Supervise the activities and work of IT staff auditors assigned to review IT and operational activities. Provide direction, counseling, instructions, and guidance to ensure approved audit objectives are met with adequate coverage.
- Review audit staff work for scope and accuracy, ensuring it sufficiently supports audit findings.
- Monitor work papers and fieldwork to ensure adherence to generally accepted auditing standards and assess the effectiveness of audit efforts.
- Make oral or written presentations to management during and after the examination, discussing deficiencies, and recommending corrective actions to enhance operations and reduce costs.
- Review and edit audit reports, reporting findings, and making recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations, and reducing costs. Participate in discussions with appropriate management regarding the reports.
- Evaluate responses to internal audit reports to ensure the adequacy of corrective action and monitor inadequate actions until resolved.
- Participate in reviewing and evaluating new systems before implementation to ensure adequate controls and compliance with established procedures and policies.
- Attend management meetings at various levels when auditing expertise is required and frequently represent Internal Audit Services at such meetings.
- Participate in recruiting efforts for the Internal Audit Department to ensure a ready supply of high-caliber staff members.
- The IT Audit Manager should possess effective communication skills to convincingly convey viewpoints, solve problems, and delegate work efficiently.
- Additionally, the manager should be adept at planning, forecasting, setting goals and standards, organizing their own work, and listening effectively
- Demonstration of an active commitment to achieving certification within a reasonable timeframe, such as CPA, CIA, or CISA, is essential.
- Application audit experience is desirable.
- A degree in Accounting, CIS, Finance, or an equivalent in another business speciality.
About Audit International
Audit International is a leading specialist Corporate Governance recruiter who has focused on finding the best Internal Audit, IT Audit, SOX, Internal Controls, IT Security, and compliance professionals in the US & EMEA for over 12 years.
Contact Us: (US) 001 917 508 5615 (Europe) 0041 4350 830 95 to discuss your needs in confidence.