Job Title: Internal Audit
Location: Spain/Germany/ Poland/ Czech Republic/ Hungary/ Slovakia
Language: English + 1 European Language.
Our client is a global leading supplier of automotive seating and electrical components. Fortune 500 company with world-class products designed, engineered and manufactured by a diverse team of talented employees. With headquarters in US and listed on the New York Stock Exchange, maintains 226 locations in 36 countries around the globe and employs approximately 122,000 employees.
- Plan and perform FOA (Financial & Operational Audits), process and SOX audits
- Complete audit work programs in compliance with internal audit best practices and project deadlines.
- Utilize the risk-based audit approach in executing audits
- Evaluate internal controls and develop recommendations.
- Discuss audit results with local management and ensure factual accuracy of findings.
- Communicate with European Corporate and Divisional Management.
- Help and support the rest of the audit team to achieve their objectives.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve the audit department’s operations.
- Project administration (travel organization etc.).
BACKGROUND AND CURRENT STATUS
University graduate, or post-graduate qualification, in the finance, business administration or accounting areas, as a general requirement.
A professional certification in audit and/or financial areas (ie CPA, ACA, ACMA, ACCA, CIA, external auditor certification etc.) is not a must-have, but the candidate will be expected to study towards a formal qualification, with training support provided.
4-5 years audit experience is preferred (ideal mix would be up to 4 years in a Big 4 practice + internal audit experience in an industrial environment).
PERSONAL SKILLS AND OUTLOOK REQUIRED
Above all else, candidates must
– Demonstrate a strong work ethic.
– Be a team player, and, in time, be willing to personally invest in the development of new recruits to the team.
– Maintain a positive approach regardless of work environment.
– Commit to a travel requirement of up to 80% (peak periods; 66% average annually).
Must view internal audit as a positive career development move, and be seeking progression to a higher level in the business following a 2-3 year rotation in the team. Should be prepared to stay flexible as to next steps beyond audit.
Excellent communication skills are essential. Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in at least one additional European language is preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Excellent technical accounting skills: exposure to US GAAP would be an advantage.
Excellent analytical skills: able to understand financial and operational processes in complex business environments, identify issues, understand related risks and develop recommendations.
Good level of understanding of IT, accounting and production systems is essential, but prior experience as a user is not required.
Advanced knowledge of the MS Office application suite is desirable.
To be considered for this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com