IT Auditor – Hamburg
Audit International is currently working with one of the world’s largest leisure travel companies with a portfolio of 10 brands that provides travelers around the globe with extraordinary vacations at an exceptional value. The group with its headquarter based in Miami presently operates a fleet of 102 ships visiting more than 700 ports around the world.
For their IT audit team we are looking to fill the following position at our office in Hamburg, Germany.
Role: Senior IT Auditor
Your Responsibilities : Identify value-added opportunities and significant residual IT risks related to Costa Group operations and operations across Carnival Corp’s operating companies. Address identified opportunities / risks in partnership with management and report relevant items to the Audit Committee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (List and describe current major on-going responsibilities. These are the essential functions that are required to be performed of this job. List 8-10 responsibilities in order of relevant importance. Use action verbs to describe the duties.)
• Assist in the planning and execution of audits and benchmarks over operational, compliance, and IT risks (e.g., IT operations, security, application development, infrastructure support, change management, system pre/post implementations)
• Perform SOX ITGC interim and update testing.
• Interface with management (at all levels) to develop an understanding of key business objectives, significant risks, share audit progress, results, and jointly develop appropriate solutions to opportunities identified
• Evaluate business processes in all areas (e.g., sales, finance, HR, procurement, IT), including data analysis (quantitative and qualitative), in order to identify opportunities for improvement and provide independent and objective assurance
• Effectively manage progress and timely completion of assigned project(s) and provide periodic reports on status and results
• Assist in developing, delivering and presenting informative, well-organized, executive-level PowerPoint presentations
• Follow-up on reported opportunities to ensure realization of benefits (e.g., cost reduction, revenue enhancement, risk reduction, etc.)
• Comply with Company Policies and Procedures (including RAAS P&Ps), Standards of the IIA Institute of Internal Auditors and Carnival Corporation’s expected behaviors on its Culture Essentials.
POSITION SCOPE: (Describe the nature and scope of this job with respect to daily decision making and position’s independent approval authority on relevant aspects of this role. Describe challenges typically encountered. Please include examples.)
The IT Senior Auditor will assist in the planning, and reporting for assigned audits and perform the associated fieldwork including effective identification of key risks, understanding of relevant processes, development of effective audit steps, documentation of work performed/conclusions, reporting of findings / opportunities, and follow-up on reported opportunities. The applicable entities covered encompass Costa Group operations and certain operations across Carnival operating companies. Areas of focus include significant operational, compliance and IT risks.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: (List manager’s title and include any direct and indirect reporting relationships. For supervisory management positions, list job titles and number of employees reporting into this position)
• Director, Technology Audit, ABG Risk Advisory & Assurance Services.
• The IT Senior Auditor will not have direct reports and may be supervised at a project level by other members of the Technology RAAS team.
QUALIFICATIONS: (List and describe the minimum qualifications required to perform the job. Be sure to justify each skill with a corresponding essential function.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Systems, Business, or related field.
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years of work experience with either a Big Four accounting firm, large/complex internal audit department, and/or management consulting firm.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to analyze complex problems to identify common themes and solutions
• Inquisitive nature, resourceful, and an ability to seek out information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to communicate information to various levels of the organization
• Ability to manage multiple tasks to completion and coordinate action plans
• Self-disciplined and able to meet demanding timelines
• Personal initiative and enthusiasm for success in a complex and challenging environment
• Fluent English and German or Italian is essential (written and verbal)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & TRAVEL: (List physical requirements and frequency required to perform essential functions of the job. Include average percentage of travel time required, if applicable.)
Physical Demands: Work is primarily sedentary where sitting is required most of the time. Visual acuity is required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data, viewing a computer terminal, reading documents, reports, and emails.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be required and is project-based (up to 30%).
Position will be in Hamburg and will require periodical visits to other locations (including the ships, and the Genova and the Rostock office. Work beyond normal business hours may be required occasionally to support business needs or projects (i.e., including reasonable availability through the company mobile phone).